1947 De Havilland DH 104 DOVE SRS 1G AJPR
Built in 1947 in Hatfield, UK De Havilland for the British Overseas Airways Corporation (BOAC) in 8-11 passenger transport versions with engines Gipsy Queen 70 each rated at 330 horsepower. Registered as G-AJPR April 30, 1947 was transferred to BOAC May 28, 1947. (BOAC is now known as Brithish Airways).
It was rented out Gulf Aviation Co. Ltd, June 30, 1952 and sold them to October 1, 1956, where he flew on scheduled flights around the Persian Gulf. He left the Gulf Aviation Co. Ltd in July 1964 and flew with various operators in the UK until October 1969, when it was withdrawn from use in Biggin Hill and dismantled. The fuselage went to Leavesdon, which was used as a test stand.
The de Havilland DH.104 Dove was a British monoplane short-haul airliner from de Havilland, the successor to the biplane de Havilland Dragon Rapide and one of Britain's most successful post-war civil designs. The design came about from the Brabazon Committee report which called for a British designed short-haul feeder for airlines.