1921 Bellanger Frères Type A1
The first cars, introduced a couple of years before the First World War, were powered by sleeve valve Daimler engines of 2000 cm³, 2600 cm³, 3000 cm³ and 6300 cm³. The first three of these were frequently used for taxi work in Paris.
During the war the manufacturer concentrated on supplying the military.
After the war car production resumed in 1919, starting with the A1, powered by a 3.2 litre 4 cylinder side valve engine. The A1 was designed by Valentin Laviolette, who had previously designed cars for Spyker. Bellanger had by now switched to Briscoe Frères as its engine supplier.
The manufacturer took at stand at the 15th Paris Motor Show in October 1919, and exhibited what had by now become its postwar three car model range:
"Bellanger Type A1", 4-cylinder 3,170 cc (17 HP): Wheelbase 2,800 mm (110.2 in)
"Bellanger Type D", 4-cylinder 4,240 cc (30 HP): Wheelbase 3,750 mm (147.6 in)
"Bellanger Type F", V8-cylinder 6,340 cc (50 HP) ohv: Wheelbase 3,750 mm (147.6 in)