1880 Breech-loading gun 10 inch
Accession No.: E97.465
Length: 8.7 metres
Remarks: This gun, weighing 32,513kg, fired a shell of 226kg. In the 1880s it was mounted on the Upper Belcher's Battery in the Western District. The battery was abandoned in the 1930s. Nothing remained except this gun which was displayed in its original position until 1997 when it was removed to the Museum for display.